Contact EGovAdmin@ecitygov.net for additional registration information. NOTE: To receive invitations to MyBuildingPermit training, please add MemberPlanet.com to your safe sender list for your email provider.
SAVE THE DATE!
This information is being provided for planning purposes, classes and dates are subject to change, so please check back often. If you have any questions, please contact your training committee representative.
Registration Opening Soon!
The MBP Training Committee would like to confirm that the annual I-Code Update Week will occur from May 15th - 19th at the Kirkland Justice Center. These classes will be in person!
Classes presented by Shums Coda Associates are as follows:
- Monday, May 15th - Significant changes in the 2021 IBC and IEBC
- Tuesday, May 16th - Significant changes in the 2021 IRC
- Wednesday, May 17th - Significant change in the 2017 ICC-A117.1 Accessibility Standard
- Thursday, May 18th - Significant changes in the 2021 IBC and IEBC
- Friday, May 19th - Significant changes in the 2021 IRC
NOTE: Incorporation of the Washington State Amendments into this code update training is pending and will be confirmed prior to official course registration posting.
Thank you and we hope to see you in Kirkland the week of May 15th - 19th!
Current Online Resources
- November 15, 2022 - From the Ground Up!
- November 16, 2022 - Plan Review for Permit Techs
- November 17, 2022 - Hoarding and the I-Codes
- October 12, 2022 - Rubik's Cube Energy Code
- October 5 & 6, 2022 - Hazardous Locations
- April 12, 2022 - Solar Photovoltaic Systems and Interconnected Electrical Production Sources
- April 13, 2022 - Solar Photovoltaic Systems and Interconnected Electrical Production Sources
- February 9 & 10, 2022 and March 9 & 10, 2022 - Protecting Wood Framed Homes from Earthquakes: A Foundation Retrofit Class
- October 6th & 7th, 2021 - Arc Flash Hazard Markings and Arc Energy Reduction
- May, 5, 2021 - ATC-20 Post-earthquake Safety Evaluation of Buildings
- April 28, 2021 - FEMA P-154 Rapid Visual Screening of Building for Potential Seismic Hazards
- August 25th and 26th - Understanding Short Circuit Current and Interrupting Ratings
- September 14, 2020 - IBC Significant Changes
- September 15, 2020 - IRC Significant Changes
- September 16, 2020 - Building Plan Submittals for Permit Techs
- September 16, 2020 - IEBC Overview/Significant Changes
- September 17, 2020 - IBC Significant Changes
- September 18, 2020 - IRC Significant Changes
- November 15, 2019 - Gas Pipe Sizing/Water Pipe Sizing
- October 16, 2019 - 2015 Residential Energy Code Refresher and 2018 Proposed Changes Q&A
- October 9 & 10, 2019 - 2020 NEC PV Grounding and Bonding and Interconnection of Energy Storage Systems
- September 17, 2019 - Protecting Wood Framed Homes from Earthquakes: A Foundation Retrofit Class
- May 21 & 22, 2019 - Swimming Pool Ground and Bonding and Energy Storage Systems
- February 6 & 7, 2019 - OmegaFlex CSST Inspection Practices
- January 9, 2019 - Customer Service Training for Government Agencies
- December 13, 2018 - Basic Engineering Concepts for Builders and Inspectors
- December 5, 2018 - Bluebeam Revu Advanced Tips and Tricks
- November 27, 2018 - Bluebeam Revu Workshop for Beginners
- October 24, 2018 - Implementing High Performance Buildings in your Jurisdiction
- October 12, 2018 - NEC Article 517 Health Care Facilities
- September 21, 2018 - Plumbing Systems
- August 14, 2018 - ATC 20 & 45 Training (Snohomish County)
- June 28, 2018 - Customer Service Training for Government Agencies
- May 29, 2018 - IBC Advanced Exiting
- May 30, 2018 - Beginning Commercial Inspections
- May 31, 2018 - International Existing Building Code
- June 1, 2018 - Alternate Materials and Methods of Construction
- April 23rd & 24th, 2018 - Washington State Assoc. of Permit Technicians Spring Conference
- November 6, 2017 - Building Occupancy Classification
- September 26, 2017 - Passive House Training
- September 25, 2017 – Seismic Design Seminar
- May 11, 2017 – Advanced Accessibility
- May 10, 2017 – Advanced Exiting
- May 9, 2017 – Fire Resistive Construction
- May 8, 2017 – Marijuana and the I-Codes
- April 25, 2017 – 2015 Washington State Energy Code Non-residential Training
- April 18, 2017 – Kent Back to Basics
- April 13, 2017 – Seattle Back to Basics
- April 12, 2017 – Sequim Post Installed Concrete
- April 11, 2017 – Sequim Back to Basics
The organizations listed below provide additional training opportunities.
- WABO: Washington Association of Building Officials
- ICC: International Code Council
- IAPMO: International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials
- NFPA: National Fire Protection Association
- WSEC: Washington State Energy Code
- WSAPT: Washington State Association of Permit Technicians
- Phinney Neighborhood Association (PNA): Well Home Program Home retrofit program for earthquake structural safety.
- Seattle Office of Emergency Management: For additional earthquake retrofit training and information.